Okay, so you’ve figured out how your ads work; now, all that’s left is managing how they perform with your chosen audience. In Caboodle, there is a tab under “Advertisements”, known as Ad Performance. This is where you can see the metrics behind every ad you’ve created, as shown below.
Once you click on it, you’ll be redirected to the Ad performance screen, with a similar table view to how other tabs are, only this time, you are seeing the Impressions and Clicks, as well as an illustration over a period of time. In this guide, we’ll first go over the table views and then break down how they link with the stats on the screen.
The Ad performance table is divided into columns of Spots, Impressions, and Clicks. To view the stats of a certain ad, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Select the date range filter at the top (last week, month, or custom date)
2. Afterwards, confirm which section the ad was created in (Newsletter, Newsfeed, or Industry Directory)
3. Then confirm the ad spot type under the section (Leaderboards, Skyscraper, Featured Product, and more)
4. Select the ad based on the ID, Ad name, and preview.
5. View the ad stats once you’ve confirmed what you’re looking for.
Let’s check out an example of this in the video below, where I’m viewing the stats of a Sponsored content ad placed in the Newsletter.
Okay, now that we’ve looked at that, let’s match it with the earlier steps.
Steps 1-3: As a user, I’m looking for stats on a certain Sponsored content ad placed in the Newsletter, however, I’m not sure which ad I’m checking for, so I have a look at the ad listed in the spot section. I hover over each of the listed ads to show the ID and a preview; that way, I know which one I’m looking for.
Step 4: To view the stats, I select the date period I want and then view the ad stats based on the ID.
We’ve covered the table views and how to get stats from them; let’s now have a look at the detailed illustration of the stats we get. The two illustrations signify clicks and impressions and are synced perfectly with the date and section filter options.
By default, the illustration shows an overview of all the ads set up in the system, both active, inactive, archived, and even deleted ads; all the stats remain. Currently, the only way to differentiate is with the ad ID and preview, so you can get a more detailed view of ads by simply hovering on and selecting the ones you wish to monitor. We’ll use the same example as before with the Medium Rectangle ad, but this time, we’ll focus more on the stats and illustrations.
To only view the stats of a certain ad on the illustration, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Confirm the ad section and spot.
2. Identify the ad ID and preview, and click on the checkbox next to it.
3. Once done, the unique info of the ad will be illustrated on the page.
4. To filter, adjust the date range as you see fit to get detailed information on the clicks and impressions.
Here’s another video to show you how this work:
Also, specific timestamps show each stat per period for the selected ad, and you can even select more than one ad to view in this way: it’s all up to you!
If you have any questions or require assistance with this, feel free to contact us, and we’ll be right with you.